Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday





http://manwasidrunk.blogspot.com







http://malekopajo.tumblr.com/post/96903306630


It's Sunday, the weekend before Thanksgiving , out here in the USA. It's going down! It's on! I am so glad I work for a company that doesn't work, or open on Thanksgiving...yet. My heart goes out to those folks that have to work on this, what used to be a unifying Holiday. Shools would let out, parents also had these days off, and familial chaos ensued! Sorry if you looked forward to these days and instead are scheduled to work. Many people don't like connecting with their people, my heart doesn't go out to you, if you have to work, as it suits you fine. Also my heart doesn't go out to you if you're going 'Black Friday' shopping shortly after (if at all) consuming your turkey dinner, on thursday. Making those poor people work the registers, selling you stuff that shines and blinks and things that will be soon out of style. Good look getting that item you cannot do without this season. I give you a hug from here to wherever you may be, nonetheless. I wish you all a happy time this season. May it be filled with warm fuzzy feelings and clarity of direction, to giude your journey in the coming year. May that journey lead you to more fuzzy warm feelings, for sure!-manwasIdrunk





http://notsafeforconsumption.tumblr.com/post/102152360695







                          What's not to love about giving/receiving gifts?


    Giving gifts you personally make is one of my favorite things in the world. There is something absolutely fulfilling about giving something you made or assembled, collected or gathered with your own hands. Gifting always makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. I don't know why that is, but it is. It is a feelgood task, on any day of the week. It is a two sided street, however, this gift-giving, and both parties are immensely important in this social interaction. I have known individuals to actually dislike being given gifts from anyone in a public manner, regardless of the number of witnesses (be it one witness, or several). It is not a very uncommon thing, really because this action of publicly giving someone a gift automatically brings attention to the person receiving the gift. This attention truly mortifies some of the shyer people. Truly. I am a person who enjoys receiving gifts for sure. It is a great thing for someone to want to give me something. I publicly state the upcoming occasion. I announce it, it may go something like: Attention everyone! gifts and hugs are now being accepted! (for any upcoming birthday or holiday). It wasn't always the case, however, I was one of the shy ones, painfully shy. I understand that it is not a bad thing receiving gifts, publicly, I just wasn't used to it. Making an announcement about accepting gifts, helps me open up to the fact that people conduct themselves differently. I am open to the fact that people openly demonstrate gratitude and emotions, even if openly we never did, when growing up (probably for fear of turning into blubbering emotional messes). Such is life. My announcing openness is a defense against being surprised, perhaps embarrassed at being surprised;
caught off guard, being emotionally vulnerable (heaven forbid), at least publicly. I am a male after all. Men still are supposed to act a certain way. I'm hip to it; Appearances, appearances, chimichangos. So you see both people involved enter into an agreement of sorts when giving a gift.
    A little more complex it the question: Does the emotion have to be reciprocated, is it simple generosity? That is to say: Is the gift simply a gift? Is there an intended secondary motive with the gift? If it's an expensive gift, does the gifter expect a gift in return of similar monetary value? Perhaps the gifter wants to elevate his status by giving a grandiose gift. This depends on what the gift means to the person giving the gift. Was the the gift a valuable gift to the person giving the gift? - depends on the person's relationship with money (do they have much or little of it), did they spend a lot of time picking it out?, ordering the right size, color etc. It can evolve and be broken down into such detail that the head hurts. Should you have difficulties with this yourself I will provide my learned response: I do not read minds. Not yet. I cannot begin to imagine the ulterior motive for giving someone a gift, if there is a secondary motive beyond the simple act of gifting. I cannot possibly know, realistically. I do, however know, that giving a gift can be simply a feelgood action. I take it at face value and know that we both benefit from a gift giving. Now, when I am the person giving a gift. I do know that my time is valuable. If I want to make a gift for someone, I will do it gladly, if I have the ability and time, because I benefit from it, greatly. I love making someone a present. LOVE IT. So go on and take part in the time honored tradition of giving gifts to people you like, but do it because you like giving them and not because of any secondary motive, it's too much work for that, and besides it gives people headaches- manwasIdrunk


                                                      
                                            














http://thebiggerthebuttthebetter.tumblr.com/post/95388641669/beard-and-bubble






http://male-pulchritude.tumblr.com/post/93131940871




No comments:

Post a Comment