Sunday, June 3, 2012

North Hollywood CALI*I'm on a diet*All star grillfest South Beach.What Cheer? Brigade. and spin magazine.









xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Today I did my one hour of exercize and I scaled back on my filthy fatty foods. I feel weak and dizzy by the simple idea of cutting back on any food. It just makes my head spin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


All star grill fest South Beach*ON FOOD NETWORK*
Alton, Giada, Paula Deen, Tyler and Bobby Flay.
What a treat to watch all these wonderful personalities at the grill. Who knew Giada and Alton have a teasing tug and pull back and forth sort of relationship...yea right!!! maybe you haven't been watching their interactions this season, ha! fun to watch. Tyler is still as awesome as can be. Nice to see he's still got his little belly, he is a chef after all.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
band: WHAT CHEER?BRIGADE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SPIN magazine is changing.
    It's doing a lot of the things they used to do. They are even back to their original size and left behind (for now) the standard magazine size. They still have got an internet branch SPIN.COM that does a lot of updates. They claim that is where their traditional album reviews will be, in an attempt to be more thorough an arduous task, to say the least. I get updates all the time from them via e-mail. It's the paper issue that I've subscribed to for quite a while. Of all the 2 popular music rags,  they have been most consistent in trying to adapt to the way and shape that music is delivered from album/cassettes , cd's, to digital media while still striving to bring on the new noise, without being drowned out by the new trends. They were the first major magazine to feature some of my favorite musicians that went on to be the big players in the indie scene. They covered bands that were truly on the edge of popular music without it seeming like a page filler. I always loved that. They have to keep keeping up if they don't want to become that other music magazine that is all about hippies and ex-hippies trying to be hip again.
    They have a large task ahead of them what with bringing that rare animal: great new music. And what an exciting task; sorting a digital tidal-wave of new music without the assistance of radio dj's (what's that?), to deliver something that is not just a pretty window dressing, but isn't five minutes too old (totes old skool), while nurturing and helping shape the future of something that many people say has outlived it's usefulness and relevance: ROCK N ROLL.
    I don't want to miss a thing. I just renewed my subscription. You don't have to get the paper edition, I just want to hold in my hands something that I intend to fork over real money for, call me old fashioned (totes old skool). Besides I hear they got an upcoming interview with Fiona Apple, ahhh just like the good old days.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment