Tuesday, July 21, 2015

revised-Tuesday




http://manwasidrunk.blogspot.com





                                 Detail of the North Hollywood Redline Train Station.






Reading has always been a way to stimulate the imagination. It magically manages to slow down a hectic day. It's inexpensive, too. It's an affordable way to leave the confines of a daily rut; a draining routine. It can help you escape an ordinary life and live amazing fantasies, safely,  if only for a bit.  It's like watching television but with reverse effects.  Instead of deadening your brain and slowly stealing your soul and making you passive and apathetic, it actually has benefits. It stimulates your learning brain and increases concentration. You can pick a subject you're interested in, almost any subject, and read up on it. In fiction or nonfiction. Imagine that. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE LIMITLESS.
    I get that some people associate reading with school. If school was terrible for you, as it sadly is for too many children, 'reading' and 'fun' are not to be used in the same sentence. I know this because some of my best and personal friends don't read unless they are instructions in a box. Even then, some guys won't do it. That is such a loss. You miss out on such a powerful and sometimes passionate form of art.
    Reading does require some free time. I know many don't have that sort of time. I myself have been so busy lately that sleep is almost a luxury. Almost. It is in fact a necessity, even when sleep eludes you, as it sometimes has, I keep a book handy so to take advantage of the time. So, I now make time. I admit, I haven't actually read much, for fun, in over a decade. I know, I know. Life sometimes just happens.  I've been so busy, its crazy. I HAVE made a commitment to make time to slow down and read. I carry a book wherever I go because I am aware that there is always a time when you have to wait: perfect time for a book!  Starting back in January when I began reading Tale of the Body Thief by Anne Rice. My reading hunger has simply grown.
     I will take this opportunity to suggest, if you don't already read for pleasure, pick a book you have always wanted to read, and go ahead give it a go. If you don't like it get another one. I give a book a chance of 100 pages. That is always enough text to know if you want to invest yourself and your time. It is your time, use it wisely. Don't just waste it away passively watching the world go by. Get involved, at least get your mind involved. It needs to be sharp for the Zombie Apocalypse, or meeting new friends.  -Manwasidrunk






I have been taking pictures of The NOHO, and metro line, all SoCali. Hope you enjoy. Just giving you a tour of this city in case you've been wanting to visit but haven't had the dough (mula, dinero, caching, duckets, the money). Enjoy. don't forget to drink plenty of water, even though it is overcast out here it is still hot and you need to stay hydrated. Keep it tight!
Wherever you guys are in the world, or at least show it off!







http://straightmenworshipping.tumblr.com/post/122485369865/hairy-dude-hot-hairy-legs








http://straightmenworshipping.tumblr.com/post/122485369865/hairy-dude-hot-hairy-legs



No comments:

Post a Comment