Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday.







Good Sunday Everybody! My broChachos! So glad to be the one in the best of moods and the person with all the best well wishes in the world for you guys. That is truly my hopes for you guys. Now that we got all that nice stuff out of the way, let's move on to all the unpleasantness...j u s t kidding. No unpleasantness here, some truths, maybe, some realities perhaps, but that is life, and it just keeps going, so let's enjoy it until we've used it all up. Let's make it count, let's squeeze out every last drop. Leave no rock unturned, no regrets, yes? Good. Manwasidrunk.
    I have continued reading Ethan Morrden, as you can see from the picture I posted yesterday. Yes I was reading him when I became overwhelmed and started crying at dusk earlier this year. It was for many things; all the changes I was experiencing. It was a different book, alright? But yes, it was all too much: the memories that came rolling in, wave after wave at the emotions and sadness in the characters' lives. It was like a sudden counter with the saltwater at the ocean. A truly emotional and raw encounter, I should point out. I have gone back to the one that started it all. I'VE A FEELING WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE. It is from the 1980'S. It is quite dated,  in fact, as seen by what the models are wearing on the cover (that style of dress is fashionable once again-polo shirts, colars turned up, hair that flips ...oh yea).
    When this book made the rounds in my high school it was HONESTLY all the rage. It was GAY, firstly. Secondly, we were very young and just learning. And thirdly, there was s-e-x. The sex was a bit weird and foreign,  but it was sex. We passed this one book around because hardly any of us were savvy enough to know where one goes to get something like this. I have an idea which one of our crew was the original owner, now. Oh yea we had a CREW, in high school (more on that later...maybe). It was a read that resonates even now, despite the big cultural gap between these NY social wannabees and culturally mixed poorer folks just starting high school on this west coast (SoCali).

No comments:

Post a Comment